[Beta-Test][Tool][Console]RanDB Island Generator
A downloadable tool for Windows
This is a simple island-map generator written in C# console-app.
As of now it is in Beta phase for testing purposes, but feature-wise
it is as good as finished.
I'm aware that when navigating the map, the drawing of said map is a bit
laggy. As far as I know this is due to the way the Console draws its symbols
and I have found no way to fix this. However, I am working on a similar
map generator in Monogame which uses sprites. In that version the laggy-drawing is not an issue anymore.
- Random island-map generation of user-chosen-size.
- Five different biomes, with ground types and vegetation.
- Navigable with arrow keys.
- Saving and loading of maps.
The process of installing/starting the program is still in testing phase.
If you can or can't get it to work, please let me know in the comments!
- Download the .zip file and extract it.
- Use the setup.exe to install the program.
- Use the MapGenExp.application to start the program.
If you have any feedback on this project, or if you have any questions or found a bug, please leave a comment. I'll respond as soon as possible!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.